The Chief Election Officer Prof. Benny Raphael on Monday announced that the deadline for nominations for the following 69 vacant positions is October 18th at 5 PM.
Post-submission of nominations, candidates will be required to submit a manifesto. The election is tentatively scheduled for November 1st.
- Department Legislator (SLC member): AE, AM, CY, EP, MA, ME, MM, OE.
- Hostel Legislator (SLC member): Narmada, Sabarmati, Bhadra, Krishna, Mahanadhi
- Research Legislator (SLC member): BT, MA, PH
- Research Councillor: CS, CT, CE, CH, CY, HS, MS, MM, PH
- General Secretary: Alakananda, Narmada, Saraswati, Sharavathi, Bhadra, Krishna, Brahmaputra.
- HHS: Ganga, Mandakini, Narmada, Sabarmati, Bhadra, Krishna, Cauvery, Brahmaputra, Mahanadhi, Sharavathi, Sindhu
- Lit Sec: Naramada, Sabarmati, Bhadra, Krishna, Tunga, Brahmaputra
- Sports Sec: Narmada, Sabarmati, Krishna, Cauvery, Brahmaputra, Sindhu
- Soc Sec: Sarawathi, Bhadra, Sabarmati, Krishna, Cauvery, Brahmaputra, Tambi
- Tech Sec: Tunga, Sabarmati, Krishna, Cauvery, Brahmaputra, Mahanadhi, Tambi
Nominations are to be submitted at hosteldine.iitm.ac.in/iitmdost/login by 5 PM today.
Note from the editor: These positions are integral to the effective functioning of hostels, departments and the student legislature (SLC). The SLC in particular, for which 16 positions are vacant and require nominations, votes on issues which can have massive implications on the entire student body. T5E urges interested students to get involved in student government by contesting for these vacant positions.